We share employment opportunities for both the Timmins & District Multicultural Centre and our office in North Bay, the North Bay & District Multicultural Centre.
We are currently looking for a Strategic Initiatives & Community Officer. This is an internship funded by FedNor. This position is open to university or college graduates under the age of 30 who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university with a degree or diploma. Candidate cannot have previously participated in a provincial or federal internship program. Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
Apply to Sylvie Lamothe (email@example.com) by noon on Friday, March 22nd 2019.
STRATEGIC INITIATIVES & COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER
The intern will assist the Timmins Local Immigration Partnership (LIP) Coordinator and the Timmins & District Multicultural Centre (TDMC) Settlement Worker in conducting community outreach, communicating with the public and stakeholders through mainstream media and social media, facilitating workshops and coordinating special events. This is a 12-month contract with a 35-hour work week at $18.00 hourly.
This position is open to university or college graduates under the age of 30 who have graduated within the last three years from an accredited college or university with a degree or diploma. Candidate cannot have previously participated in a provincial or federal internship program. Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
· In conjunction with LIP Coordinator, work with Francophone stakeholders on strategic initiatives to increase capacity to welcome, integrate and retain newcomers.
· Engage with local post-secondary institutions in identifying gaps and barriers to international student integration and retention through research and consultations.
· Maintain and enhance the Northeastern Ontario Immigration Portal.
· Work with LIP Coordinator and regional stakeholders to address business and employment issues relating to newcomers attraction, integration and retention in the local economy.
· Conduct outreach and maintain regular contact with social service agencies in the region to raise awareness and keep them up to date on services offered by the TDMC and the Timmins LIP.
· Manage and enhance existing client and stakeholder communications networks; utilize mainstream and social media to publicize events, recruit participants and share information.
· Play a key role in organizing events, including the Welcome to Timmins Night and the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination (IDERD) Project.
· Various administrative and project management duties as required.
Bilingualism is an asset. A diploma or degree in social sciences or business would be most relevant, however other disciplines may be considered. The desired start date for the successful applicant is Monday April 1, 2019 or as soon as possible.
Deadline for applications is noon on Friday March 22, 2019.
Please email your cover letter and résumé to:
Timmins LIP Coordinator
Timmins & District Multicultural Centre
119 Pine Street South, Suite 10, Timmins, ON, P4N 2K3